Sunday, June 29, 2008

I just had to buy a craftsman era home...

Since my little craftsman windows are not able to accommodate an A/C unit, I decided to install a ceiling fan in my bedroom. After several trips to the store I finally select a fan I like and begin hunting down the tools for installation. Ladder - check. Screwdriver, electrical tape, pliers - check. Power off - check. I remove the light fixture and shiiiiiiit. There is no access to the brace from below... meaning I need to remove a large circle of lathe and plaster ceiling before installing. Which means power tools, goggles and a will to finish a project that is stronger than mine. Which means, no ceiling fan for me. Sometimes having a 100 year old house is a pain in the butt.

But, there is a proper storm moving through Portland, complete with thunder and lightning and the smell of rain that reminds me of the desert. It makes Sabine rather crazy, but it makes me rather happy. Kinda like this:

No comments: