Friday, June 20, 2008

Summatime... And The Living Is Easy.

Today was a fantastic day and I'm in an excellent mood. Summer has finally arrived in Portland! For the first time in like, a year, the forecast is all cute little suns for 6 days in a row. I'm thrilled, but I kinda wish I could put an A/C unit in my bedroom since it's 80 degrees up in here... oh, well.

First, I had two contractors come to the house today to give bids on fixing the things I've F'ed up. Note to self: Do not get a wild hair up your ass and tear down sheetrock. Or let your brother and nephews take out the front walk with a "breaker bar." Or rip up flooring to see what's underneath. Or decoupage your kitchen counters. Or paint the backsplash tile... should I go on?

In addition to marking "Call Contractor" off my list, for the first time in awhile, I'm seeing a lot of interest in my resume and portfolio. It's nice to hear something other than "your work is good, but...(insert letdown here)." Anyway, now I have some hope. And, hope is a good thing.

So, that's my Friday in a nutshell. As mentioned before, taking Fridays off = best idea ever. You should try it.

No comments: