Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Keepin Busy

Week two of unemployment and I think I've worked harder this last week than I have in months. I've been working on the kitchen remodel mostly. So far I've installed under cabinet lights, track lighting and a GFCI outlet, painted 2 more cabinets, replaced the doors and finished patching the plaster where I ripped off the tile. I still have a lot of painting to do... seems like I have more trim in that kitchen than I do spoons. And I have a lot of spoons.

I've cleaned the entire house, twice, applied for half a dozen jobs and read most of The Starbucks Experience, which has proved to be a pretty entertaining and quick read. I'm also exploring the possibility of starting an e-card website. It's been mentioned that I have a pretty odd sense of humor and that maybe I should try and profit from that. It's a fun little time waster if nothing else.

Today I'm trying to motivate myself to work on the yard. The front lawn has been invaded by hoards of dandelions and I have an oak tree trying to sprout under my porch. I'm guessing that's not good for the foundation so I need to nip that in the bud. Maybe after lunch I'll gather the energy for that. Right now it's nice to sit in the shade of the backyard and catch up on my blogs. It's a rough life, this unemployment thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your tongue in cheek sense of humour is awesome. Go for the e-card website or submit some articles to a magazine. You could find yourself wealthy and creative in many endeavors.

Anonymous said...

I literally just saw that book at the bookstore as I was pondering a career change myself, and for some reason it depressed the hell out of me to read that the guy was a creative director. It may be time to get out of this biz...