Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pooped

It's been a long, exhausting week and I am ready for a vacation. On Monday I started my new job and, although it got off to the bumpy start, I'm really liking the work. Unfortunately my body decided that Monday was also a good day to catch the plague. By the time I got to class on Monday night I was coughing and feverish and miserable - but I couldn't exactly call in sick to my brand new job. Ugh. I somehow survived the week and hopefully managed to not infect the entire office. Hooray for hand sanitizer!

On Friday I went in late because my brother & new SIL got married at the courthouse (Yay!) and I couldn't miss that. I had to skip the photo shoot and brunch, but at least I was there for the quick ceremony. It was great to see how many people showed up at this fun little event. Friday night was spent having dinner with the family, and Saturday was spent making returns to Ikea and shopping for shoes followed by a great date. This afternoon I did more shopping and had happy hour with a friend visiting from Arizona. All in all a fantastic weekend.

But now I've got two team projects for school, a ridiculous amount of reading, about 15 hours worth of freelance design work to do and no time to do it. I need to start planning my time better... maybe an iPhone would help? Or maybe just an iPod touch... someone's got to spend all that financial aid money, right? Or, I could just stop sleeping and having fun. Nah.

3 comments:

Just Jenn said...

Awww... sorry you feel like crap - hope you're feeling better soon. I think I might have something for you to cheer you up. xoxo

...followed by a great date?!

sara. no h. said...

i have the touch, it has not helped me plan my time, but it does suck an enormous potion of time away.

Go old skool, franklin covey baby!

glad you found the time to bloggy log, BTW. I was missing you.

x.

stedman said...

yes, more about this date please.....