Thursday, November 6, 2008

No More Caffeine!

Seriously. My boss came into my cube this afternoon drinking a diet Pepsi and it looked soooo good that I just had to have one. And so here I am, at midnight, still up and running. Blargh.

But, it was a good day. I got taken out to lunch by one of the sales managers and a rep and had a great time. It's nice to have some social interaction outside of the morgue that I work in. I learned something about the company, the merger, and my boss. And I think I may have made a new friend. This new job is not perfect, but I'm starting to settle in and the rest of my life is going so well that it's just a side issue.

For the few Re-Pubs that read this site, I'm sorry for your loss. But, realize that all change is painful but also necessary for our growth. You've had a good run but things ahven't gone so swimmingly - maybe things won't be as bad as you think. I mean, four years ago I was ready to move to Canade, but here I am still breathing. And you should be proud that you have lived to see the first minority elected to the Presidential office in America. Regardless of your love, hate or apathy for the candidates that's fricking historic and hella cool, so quit whining. Nothing lasts forever and you will survive even this.

2 comments:

sara. no h. said...

argh! I was in the same boat last night! I think I slept like, 3 hours! Damn caffeine!

Jayna Shaye said...

I vote. Therefore, I whine. And thus, the circle of life continues.