- I returned to a 2 month backlog of work, even though I told everyone that I would still be working my regular job and to please keep me in the loop. Apparently that translates into "let's save things up for Kate, she'll be so excited to come back to extra work when she returns from 2 months of lying on the beach in beautiful, tropical Seoul, Korea." And, no, I'm not bitter at all. Thanks for asking.
- A lot of restructuring has been happening around here and I'm not happy about most of it. I can't go into detail because, you know, people have gotten fired for blogging about work before. And I don't want to get fired - it would take away the fun of quitting.
- I bought a new computer, wacom tablet and digital camera. It's been a long time coming and although handing over that money to Apple nearly made my heart explode it was a great investment and I can write it off as a business expense. I don't know how I survived without my little laptop. It's badass.
- I took Friday's off for the summer. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Now, if only summer would arrive in Portland...
- I got real motivated and took on a bunch of new projects. I did some logo designs, did another stretch assignment at work, updated my resume & portfolio and started meeting with local design recruiters. I'm determined to be a graphic designer, and hopefully for a company that actually values it's employees. Again, not bitter.
- I had very little social interaction while overseas, what with that little-tiny language barrier. So, upon my return I was a social butterfly. Nearly every night I was out to dinner or happy hour and had something going on every weekend. It was awesome getting to see all my friends, but I wore myself out a bit.
- I got hella sick. It started with a cold, which upset the delicate balance of my intestines, leading to a nasty IBS flareup and I ended up having a pretty intense couple of weeks. But, I was able to catch up on all my favorite TV and apply for some jobs.
- I had a fairly traumatic experience at the Aveda Institute with X. However, once I washed my hair and put some product I looked less like a poodle and learned to love my new hair.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
It's been six weeks?
It's funny how time flies. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post and I hope the new name is clever enough for you. I know you are a very choosy audience. Here is a (not very) brief rundown of what's been going on since I got back from Korea.