Thursday, June 19, 2008

Repost: A Good Cause.

I'm reposting this for my friend Jayna. Please donate if you can.
I hate to send out emails and beg for donations, but that is precisely what I am going to do! Most of you have heard of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. They have one every year in just about every city in the country. What you may not have heard of is the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-day (www.the3day.org ).

The 3-day is an event held in a few large cities across the country and the participants walk a total of 60 miles over the course of three days to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. This September I am travelling to Seattle to walk in the 3-day event being held there. In order to walk I have to raise a total of $2200 and I am asking for help in reaching that goal.

This cause is very important to me and to my family. My beautiful mom, Evelyn, died of breast cancer in 2001 at the age of 53. She battled the disease for several years and during that time I saw first-hand how devastating the disease and the treatment can be. I also know the pain a family feels when their loved one is diagnosed. I am taking this 60-mile journey as a way to honor the memory of my mom and also to do one small thing in support of this wonderful organization. Hopefully, my walk and your support will get us one step closer to finding a cure for this devastating disease.

What I am asking from each of you is to take a minute, visit my donation page and do one small thing to help me reach my goal. Anything you can do helps. No matter if it is $1 or $100 that donation means more to me than I could ever possibly express. I appreciate everyone's help and support!

You can reach my donation page *here*. Some of you may have already gotten an email from me and/or donated, if so I apologize for the repeat!

No comments: