Friday, August 29, 2008

Freedom

My last day was somewhat uneventful. I passed most of my work off earlier in the week so I just had to clean out my computer and pack up my desk. We had a little lunch party with the PA group, which was nice, and I gave everyone one last hug. As I was leaving my cube for the last time Hurricane literally came running over to say goodbye, which made my day.

Miss V helped me get my stuff in the car and gave me my final hug. It wasn't until I got out of the parking lot that I fully lost it and had to pullover to cry. The truth is, no matter how much I've struggled with my job, I absolutely adore my coworkers and it feels a bit like leaving home. I have no doubt that I made the right choice for me, but it still hurts.

So, today is the first day of my unemployment adventure and I'm allowing myself to mourn just a little bit. Starting tomorrow I will be productive and will do things like clean my house and pay the bills or paint my kitchen and make plans for the future. But today, I am still like a vegetable and I'm throughly enjoying doing nothing. Thankfully Law & Order is always on somewhere.

1 comment:

sara. no h. said...

i also think it is always shark week somewhere. enjoy decompressing, you have earned it!