Friday, August 8, 2008

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed at all the support and encouragement I have received from my friends, family and coworkers regarding my resignation. Thank You. And, to answer your questions, I have no idea what is next. I'm hopeful that I can get some contract design work until I find a permanent position but I'll wear pantyhose again (eww) and answer phones or wait tables if I have to.

For the first time in a long time, I'm overwhelmed with possibilities for my future and I'm starting to get my groove back. Looking for jobs is hard work, but it can also be entertaining. For instance, sometimes you come accross very strange requests or requirements, for example:

All candidates must submit a portfolio (online link or print) of your published work, and a picture of themselves in professional attire with their resume.
or:
Must demonstrate excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills including management of the angry physician or health care provider.
or:
I’m a 28 y/o male and invite all to reply. Tell me why you are interested and leave a phone number.
or:
have normal monthly menstrual cycleOkay, that last one was for egg donors, but the others seem to be legitimate job postings. I'm really curious as to why it matters that the hiring manager is a 28 year old male. Maybe he is single and hoping for some special perks? I think I'll pass on that one.

2 comments:

sara. no h. said...

i thought maybe the menstrual cycle one was for a shark trainer- and damn, that would be cool!

Akiotena: said...

Wow... job searching really can be entertaining. XD

I wish you luck in finding something. And I hope your last few weeks at your current job aren't too terrible.

Oh, random thing, you may or may not know--Mom, Grandma, and myself might (no tix yet, so not confirmed) be coming down for a few days at the end of September. It would be awesome to see you if you are not terribly busy (9/25-9/30 or so). :)