Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why I heart my job

Note the sarcasm, it's dripping out of my pores. For your entertainment here are some highlights from my morning:

Event Invite from coworker #1
Let's get together for a little celebration of August birthdays, AFDB style! (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). To keep our sanity and deter the bad vibes, crazy merchants or aliens that may approach our work areas each day - we thought we could make Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies! Bring your creative mind and appetite, we will munch on some sheet cake while folding our foils..... http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
Umm, seriously? This was followed by two email updates to the time & place and an email requesting we add our birthdays to a list so that we can plan some more really creative parties! Wheee!

Emails from coworker #2
All items for the following teams/styles are incorrect. Please rebuild 300 files...
I'm paraphrasing, but this has happened 3 times so far today.

Computer Crash - Reboot. Twice.

Email from Boss #1
Anyone have the desire to help out with some Design work? REMEMBER – This needs to be done OUTSIDE of your regular 40/hours PA work time.
Hmm... you want me to do a bunch of extra work that benefits the company, but you don't want to pay me for it? Gee, sign me up!

Email from Boss #2
As originally discussed/agreed for flex Summer Hours, you may be requested to skip a Friday off. Please make yourself available for the 1/2 day of the scavenger hunt (8/15). This is a team building event and it only benefits when the whole team participates.
Sorry, I'm out of town so I can't make it to the "Scavenger Hunt." I'm really bummed I can't spend the morning running around campus looking for easter eggs like last time, I'm sure it'll be a real hoot.

No comments: